1864 Independence Square, Suite C, Dunwoody, Georgia 30338


770-394-9400 770-394-9400



Recent Blog Posts

My spouse and I have been married ten years. How will a divorce court divide our property?

In Georgia, the court or jury will divide the parties marital property in an equitable manner. Marital property is generally that property aquired during the marriage by either spouse by means other than gift or inheritance. An equitable division means a division that is fair considering all the circumstances of the spouses. That does not necessarily mean an equal division.  Please consult an […]

The insurance company told me that the amount of my diminished value claim for my damaged automobile is set by an insurance company formula. Is that true?

No, that is not true. The value of your diminished value claim is generally determined by the age, condition, and mileage of your vehicle before the damage to the vehicle. Please consult an attorney to discuss the facts of your case so that your rights will be fully protected. Please contact Rumsey & Ramsey at (770) […]

I was injured in a car accident while working, and I am receiving workers’ compensation benefits as a result of the accident. Can I make a claim against the other driver who caused the accident and do I have to pay back the money I received in workers’ compensation benefits?

In Georgia, you can make a claim against the other diver as long as he/she was not a co-employee that was on the job at the time of the accident. As far as the workers’ compensation benefits you received, you do not have to pay them back if the sum of the workers’ compensation benefits you received […]

I was injured on my job in Georgia and am receiving workers’ compensation benefits. Can I make a claim against my employer for pain and suffering?

In general, in Georgia an employee receiving workers’ compensation benefits for a work related injury is barred from bringing a personal injury claim against his/her employer for the same injuries. However, please consult an attorney to discuss the specific facts of your case. Please contact Rumsey & Ramsey at (770) 394-9400 to discuss the facts […]

I was injured in a car accident that was not my fault. What do I need to do to protect my rights to be compensated for my injuries?

In general, exchange insurance information with the other driver, take photographs of the vehicles in the accident and the place where the collision occured, and obtain a copy of the police report and the names and addresses of any witnesses to the collision. After you have obtained the above information and had the chance to seek medical attention for your injuries, make an […]

What are some of the damages I can recover in a personal injury case?

Depending on the facts in your case, generally a person can recover past and future lost income, past and future medical expenses, past and future pain and suffering, permanent disabilities, and permanent disfigurement. If you are the spouse of a person that has been injured as the result of the wrongdoing of others, you may be entitled to […]

What is the right to recover for the diminished value of my car?

It is the right to recover the amount of money that equals the difference in the value of your car after it has been wrecked and repaired and the value of your vehicle if it had not been wrecked. Even after a vehicle has been repaired, its value may be less than if it had […]

How do I start a divorce case in Georgia?

A divorce action in Georgia is generally initiated by filing a petition for divorce in the superior court of the county where the married couple resides or where your spouse resides. Please contact Rumsey & Ramsey at (770) 394-9400 to discuss the facts of your case with a lawyer.

What are subrogation rights?

Subrogation rights are those rights afforded to insurance companies that allow them to recover from third parties an amount equal to the insurance payments the insurance companies made to an insured as a result of the wrongdoing of a third party. For example, if an insurance company pays its insured for damage to the insured’s vehicle as the […]


Contact Form

We will respond to your inquiry in a timely fashion. Thank you.

Quick Contact Form