1864 Independence Square, Suite C, Dunwoody, Georgia 30338


770-394-9400 770-394-9400

I was injured in a car accident where the other driver was…

I was injured in a car accident where the other driver was at fault and had no insurance. Am I out of luck as far as being compensated for my injuries?

Yes, you be may out of luck. However, please review your own automobile insurance policy. If you have uninsured motorists insurance coverage (UM coverage), then you may have an avenue for recovery of compensation for your injuries. UM coverage, which is a type of coverage within certain automobile insurance policies, provides coverage for the insured where the insured has been injured by an uninsured driver who was at fault. UM coverage may also provide coverage for the insured when the at fault driver had minimum or insufficient liability coverage that will not be enough to compensate the insured for his injuries. Certain rules and time limits apply to making a claim under the UM provisions of your automobile policy, so please be sure to consult an attorney that is knowledgeable about this area of the law. Please contact Rumsey & Ramsey at (770) 394-9400 to discuss the facts of your case with a lawyer.