1864 Independence Square, Suite C, Dunwoody, Georgia 30338


770-394-9400 770-394-9400

I am a Georgia resident and was in a car accident and…

I am a Georgia resident and was in a car accident and injured. Who should I submit my medical bills to for payment?

I would submit your medical bills to your health insurance provider. If you do not have health insurance, read your automobile insurance policy to see if their is medical payments coverage. If there is medical payments coverage under your automobile policy, then submit your medical bills to your automobile insurance carrier. If you were not the at fault party in the accident, you may be entitled to recover compensation from the at fault driver and/or his insurance carrier. In that case, regardless of whether your medical bills were paid by your health or auto insurance carrier or remain unpaid, you would submit all your medical bills together with a demand for compensation for not only your medical bills, but also for your other damages including property damage, lost wages, pain and suffering, and any permanent injuries. Due to the fact that a layperson often does not know how to value their case and present a properly documented demand, it is recommended that a lawyer should be consulted. Please contact Rumsey & Ramsey at (770) 394-9400 to discuss the facts of your case with a lawyer.