1864 Independence Square, Suite C, Atlanta, Georgia 30338

Free Consultation | EXPERIENCED Atlanta LAWYERS

770-679-2056 770-679-2056



If you or your company has suffered a property damage loss as the result of the acts or omissions of another person or entity, you may be entitled to compensation for those losses you suffered that flow from the property damage you incurred. Property damage cases range from an explosion at a plant that causes harm to the equipment contained therein to a simple automobile wreck. See also SUBROGATION CASES and DIMINISHED VALUE CASES for more discussion on those types of property damage claims.


In certain types of property damage cases, there are specific rules governing how evidence is to be preserved in order for that evidence to be later admissible at trial. If evidence helpful to your case is not properly and legally preserved, that evidence may not be allowed before the jury. An attorney should be consulted as soon as possible after a significant property damage loss arising from the negligence of a third party for these reasons.


In property damage cases, like personal injury cases, the person or company sustaining the property damage must prove that the wrongdoer owed a duty to the damaged party, and the wrongdoer breached that duty when they caused the property damage.

Ensuring that the requirements and proof necessary for establishing your legal case have been met is another reason why consulting an attorney shortly after a property damage claim arises is recommended. Otherwise, if the legal elements of your case cannot be established with proper admissible evidence, you will have an unfavorable outcome.



The majority of property damage cases are settled prior to the actual trial of the case. The reason is that the parties, working through experienced legal counsel, can reach an agreement that adequately compensates the property damage victim for the ensuing economic losses from the property damage that resulted from the wrongdoer’s acts or omissions.

If adequate compensation is not offered by the wrongdoer to resolve your property damage case, it is important to have counsel that can represent you and try your case to a judge or jury. The attorneys at Rumsey & Ramsey provide to your case such lawyers.


What elements of damages you may be entitled to seek and recover in your case is dependent on the facts and the applicable law. This is another reason seeking the advice of seasoned counsel that can properly evaluate your property damage case is of paramount importance.


While there are a number of factors that will impact how much compensation you should receive for you or your company’s property damage claim, we will meet with you and discuss your case during a free initial consultation.* If after your initial consultation you decide Rumsey & Ramsey should represent you, the firm will represent you on a contingency fee basis.**

At Rumsey & Ramsey, you will have lawyers that have the experience to handle your case from the early crucial stages of preserving evidence and locating witnesses, followed by asserting your rights through the judicial process, and subsequently making sure that you or your company receive  fair and just compensation for the property damage you incurred.


Please click Results for a sample of some of the results Rumsey & Ramsey has obtained in different types of property damage cases. Please contact Rumsey & Ramsey at (770) 394-9400 to discuss your case or other legal inquiry with an attorney.


Free Consultation* *Free initial consultation only applies to personal injury, wrongful death, and property damage cases.

**Contingent attorneys’ fees refer only to those fees charged by attorneys for their legal services. Such fees are not permitted in all types of cases. Court costs and other additional expenses of legal action usually must be paid by the client.

Automobile  Collisions

Tractor Trailer Collisions

Construction Defects

Subrogation Cases

Diminished Value Cases


Contact Form

We will respond to your inquiry in a timely fashion. Thank you.

Quick Contact Form