1864 Independence Square, Suite C, Atlanta, Georgia 30338

Free Consultation | EXPERIENCED Atlanta LAWYERS

770-679-2056 770-679-2056

Tag Archives: Divorce Attorney Atlanta

Tag Archives: Divorce Attorney Atlanta

Prenuptial Agreement Unenforceable When Husband Does Not Disclose Assets

The Georgia Court of Appeals recently ruled that the antenuptial agreement (also known as a prenuptial agreement) a deceased husband had entered into with his surviving wife prior to his death that prescribed the assets the wife would receive at the end of the marriage was unenforceable due to the fact that the husband did not list or disclose all of his assets in the […]

Georgia Court of Appeals affirms trial court judgment for Georgia woman on breach of promise to marry and fraud claims against live in boyfriend.

The Georgia Court of Appeals recently affirmed  a Georgia trial court ruling in favor of a Georgia woman on her breach of promise to marry and fraud claims brought against her live in boyfriend. The Court of Appeals essentially agreed with the trial court on all issues involving a Georgia woman’s claims against her live in boyfriend […]

I have been paying child support as directed in my Georgia divorce decree and just lost my job. My ex-spouse told me that I did not have to pay child support until I found another job. Can I accept my ex-spouse’s word for this or do I need to do something legally to protect myself?

You should file a petition for modification of child support requesting that the court lower your child support payments. If you do not get a court order lowering your support obligation, you will still owe all the child support awarded in the Georgia divorce decree. Your ex-spouse can still attempt to collect the child support ordered in the […]

I live in Georgia and receive child support from my ex-spouse. How do I get my child support increased?

You will need to have your divorce decree modified. To accomplish this, you will have to file a petition for modification of child support with the court. In order to prevail, you will have to show the court that your financial situation has worsened, your ex-spouse’s financial situation has improved, or the needs of your children have increased since […]

My spouse and I have been married ten years. How will a divorce court divide our property?

In Georgia, the court or jury will divide the parties marital property in an equitable manner. Marital property is generally that property aquired during the marriage by either spouse by means other than gift or inheritance. An equitable division means a division that is fair considering all the circumstances of the spouses. That does not necessarily mean an equal division.  Please consult an […]

How do I start a divorce case in Georgia?

A divorce action in Georgia is generally initiated by filing a petition for divorce in the superior court of the county where the married couple resides or where your spouse resides. Please contact Rumsey & Ramsey at (770) 394-9400 to discuss the facts of your case with a lawyer.


Contact Form

We will respond to your inquiry in a timely fashion. Thank you.

Quick Contact Form